Reader Comments

A Missouri couple say they discovered their four-bedroom family home was a former meth lab after their unborn baby tested positive for the highly addictive drug

by Cathern Nordstrom (2020-11-05)


A Missouri couple say they discovered their four-bedroom family home was a former meth lab after their unborn baby tested positive for the highly addictive drug. 

Pregnant Elisha Hessel and her husband Tyler, who both have no history of substance abuse, were left stunned after a routine blood test showed amphetamines in Elisha and their baby girl's system. 

After being questioned by doctors the pair began looking into possible explanations and were shocked to discover their Jefferson County house they had recently purchased had been busted in by police in 2013. 

A home test then revealed unsafe levels of the drug with further checks showing the ventilation system in the house was still heavily contaminated with methamphetamine and GA. (Msnho.com) meth-making residue.

Elisha said: 'Through speaking with neighbors and kind of getting hints here and there I went ahead and bought a test over the internet and tested it myself and it did come back with unsafe levels in the home.

'It's very upsetting.

ARRA News Service: The Truth About ColumbusThis is our first house. There was a lot of crying, a lot of confusion.'

Elisha Hessel and her husband Tyler, who both have no history of substance abuse, were left stunned after a routine blood test showed amphetamines in Elisha and their baby girl's system

The couple say they discovered their four-bedroom family home, pictured, was a former meth lab after their unborn baby tested positive for the highly addictive drug

The Jefferson County house they had recently purchased had been busted in by police in 2013.

Pictured is some of the items found in the home  

She added: 'We were basically contaminating ourselves every day that we were in there, especially for the baby. 

'I am glad in a roundabout way that we found out because I would not want my baby here.
We could have had a child here herring sick and not knowing why.'